Saturday, June 29, 2024

Another Spiral Down!

 Several days ago I thought I would try a new exercise right after waking. It was supposed to strengthen the core muscles in the back. After breakfast I noticed a little twinge every one in a while ( a sharp little pain in my lower back. 

Grocery day so drove to the store. No real problem to be concerned about. In the store began to feel sharp pains every once in awhile in my lower left back. On the way back several sharp pains at the same place so when I arrived phoned Lib to meet me at the door and help me get the groceries in (she has only one good arm so it is slow going for both of us. ) We go to bed around 11 pm our usual time but I can't sleep because this pain though slight is still there. Around 4 am I take a strong pain reliever and slowly fall asleep. The next morning I feel good and Cathy drives me the doctor's appointment.Concensus was that I had probably strained a muscle. Returned home and thought I was over 

Everything felt normal until readying for bed when the little twinges returned. We went to sleep, but every time I turned it hurt bad enough for me to finally get some over the counter pain killer and get to a fitful sleep. 

This  morning I'm walking gingerly with the help of a rollator because a misstep causes weight on my left foot side causes a strong twinge on that side. When you're my agency (near 87) you wonder how to manage a host of  maintenance issues by myself if this is going to be more or less permanent ? We don't want to be a burden on our grown children..... hoping that we can still hang on. Late living life usually gets more problematic especially when debilitating and permanent pain sets in. Hope I can write again with a more cheerful report.

 

No comments: