Sunday, June 30, 2024

More ramblings (A little more urgent)

 Sunday morning June 31-2024.

I suspect a few of you are reading this ... so for your edification here goes!

Most of you are aware of the Thursday night debate debacle, especially if you're capable of arriving here. I see myself in that situation so hope to complete some more thoughts on my condition....while my mind still remembers and works.

I notice as does Lib, my short term memory is fading fast. Rather than a few blanks every few days, it's a multitude of blanks daily as she needs to remind me frequently what I started to do as she instructed .(That may come from woman's ability to multitask, still I should be cognizant of that weakness in my mental capacity.) You might say, "But Bill, you can still navigate to here and add to your blog. You write with college level wording and spell correctly." That's why I'm writing now, while I still have that ability. 

So let me bring you up to date since my last entry. I did an exercise that pulled a muscle in my back, one self diagnosis corroborated by my doctor and Lib's PT person. I also wonder if it is the return of a lower backbone (laminectopy) operation several decades ago because of age related degeneration of the spine. In either case that really impacts on walking from the pain it can generate! We'll see whether skillfully applied PT may fix that, because that directly affects other necessary life activities such as:

1. Driving: Not being able to drive is a major hurdle when I must be the grocery shopper! By itself it puts that task and doctor's visits on somebody else.Right now Cathy has assumed some of that.

2. If it gets so bad that I can't function in our home that becomes another major caretaking problem for someone. That either is a very probable outcome is a scary scenario. It's a regression to child and babyhood if one continues to live. Not a pleasant thing to contemplate.

3. I wonder whether these problems will accelerate or just move slowly and inexorably on. 

So these are the thoughts I share here for those of my inner circle of Facebook friends who may have some interest or advice, Respond at wkinzie@gmail.com . Cheerio and God bless!


So  

No comments: